St. Andrew's Church, Grinton
The core of the church and its tower are 12th century and the church was expanded and altered in the 14th,15th and 16th centuries. By the 1890s it was in poor condition so it was rebuilt and expanded to its present width. It was reopened in 1896. There are some interesting interior fittings such as the pulpit with its overhead sounding board to increase audibility, and the royal coat of arms.
Parking: There is a dedicated Festival parking field over the bridge from the church. Please follow our signs and please do not park in the village itself. The parking field is a short walk from the church. Disabled passengers may be dropped off outside the church gate.
Toilets: There are public toilets across the road, next to the Bridge Inn car park. There is one toilet inside the church tower which is strictly for use by the performers and disabled people who cannot make it to the public toilets over the road.
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits are available inside the church during the interval. Our sponsor The Bridge Inn (across the road from the church) serves pre-concert meals and it is also possible to pop over for an interval drink if you're quick!
VOCES8 - Aeternam
Albion String Quartet